Collection of your personal information:
The processing of personal data, such as the name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a data subject shall always be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and in accordance with the country-specific data protection regulations applicable to the Ski Club of Ireland. The website of Ski Club of Ireland contains information that enables a quick electronic contact to our organisation, as well as direct communication with us, which also includes a general address of the so-called electronic mail (e-mail address). If a data subject contacts us by e-mail or via a contact form, the personal data transmitted by the data subject are automatically stored. Such personal data transmitted on a voluntary basis by a data subject to the data controller are stored for the purpose of processing or contacting the data subject. There is no transfer of this personal data to third parties.
Use of your personal information:
For each visitor to reach the site, we expressively collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the Site, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalized content to you while you are at this Site.
Ski Club of Ireland will process your personal information for the purpose of running the activities of the club. Such purposes include the following:
- maintaining our membership database via Gladstone Software. https://offers.gladstonesoftware.co.uk/privacypolicy.
- disclaimer in paper form is securely stored and all information is entered on Gladstone booking system.
- all credit card data provided is processed securely by Elavon https://www.elavon.ie/privacy-pledge.html.
- to inform you of or invitations to club events.
- contacting you with information pertinent to the club, your membership and details of events and other matters which we think will be of interest to you.
- internal use to help us improve our services.
- any information that you provide to the Ski Club of Ireland will only be used by the Ski Club of Ireland.
- you should also be aware that your information may be disclosed where we are obliged or permitted by law to do so.
Other Consents and agreement:
In addition, you agree to the following, in respect of you and any child/youth members of the club for whom you are a parent or acting guardian:
- to the member taking part in club activities and that the membership information provided above may be used by the club for registration and administration.
- that photos / images of the member be posted on the Ski Club of Ireland websites in line with the Code of Ethics and Good Practice as published.
- that the child/youth member may practise and take part in club activities with adult members and compete in mixed competitions organised by the Ski Club of Ireland.
Accessing your personal information:
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. Ski Club of Ireland reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.
Email News Letter:
Ski Club of Ireland offer an email newsletter. If you no longer wish to receive a specific newsletter, follow the "unsubscribe" instructions located near the bottom of each newsletter. We use Mailchimp to collect your email Address for our Newsletter, please see their policy here on data collection for more information.